Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicles Act 2015
Section 75 : supplementary
76. (1) In section 75 “guarantee” includes indemnity.
(2) For the purposes of section 75 —
(a) a quasi-loan is a transaction under which one party (“the creditor”) agrees to pay, or pays otherwise than in pursuance of an agreement, a sum for another (“the borrower”) or agrees to reimburse, or reimburses otherwise than in pursuance of an agreement, expenditure incurred by another party for another (“the borrower”)—
(i) on terms that the borrower (or a person on the borrower’s behalf) will reimburse the creditor, or
(ii) in circumstances giving rise to a liability on the borrower to reimburse the creditor,
(b) any reference to the person to whom a quasi-loan is made is a reference to the borrower, and
(c) the liabilities of a borrower under a quasi-loan include the liabilities of any person who has agreed to reimburse the creditor on behalf of the borrower.
(3) For the purposes of section 75 , a credit transaction is a transaction under which one party (“the creditor”)—
(a) supplies any goods or sells any land under a hire-purchase agreement or conditional sale agreement,
(b) leases or licenses the use of land or hires goods in return for periodical payments, or
(c) otherwise disposes of land or supplies goods or services on the understanding that payment (whether in a lump-sum or instalments or by way of periodical payments or otherwise) is to be deferred,
but a lease of land which reserves a nominal annual rent of not more than €100 is not a credit transaction where an ICAV grants the lease in return for a premium or capital payment which represents the open market value of the land thereby disposed of by the ICAV.
(4) For the purposes of section 75 , the value of a transaction or arrangement is—
(a) in the case of a loan, the principal of the loan,
(b) in the case of a quasi-loan, the amount, or maximum amount, which the person to whom the quasi-loan is made is liable to reimburse the creditor,
(c) in the case of a guarantee or security, the amount guaranteed or secured, and
(d) in the case of a transaction or arrangement, the price which it is reasonable to expect could be obtained for the goods, land or services to which the transaction or arrangement relates if they had been supplied at the time the transaction or arrangement is entered into in the ordinary course of business and on the same terms (apart from price) as they have been supplied or are to be supplied under the transaction or arrangement in question or the value of the transaction to which the arrangement relates less any amount by which the liabilities under the arrangement or transaction of the person for whom the transaction was made have been reduced.
(5) For the purposes of subsection (4), the value of a transaction or arrangement which is not capable of being expressed as a specific sum of money (because the amount of any liability arising under the transaction is unascertainable, or for any other reason) shall, whether or not any liability under the transaction has been reduced, be deemed to exceed €65,000.
(6) For the purposes of section 75 , a transaction or arrangement is made for a person if—
(a) in the case of a loan or quasi-loan, it is made to the person,
(b) in the case of a credit transaction, the person is one to whom goods or services are supplied, or land is sold or otherwise disposed of, under the transaction,
(c) in the case of a guarantee or security, it is entered into or provided in connection with a loan or quasi-loan made to the person or a credit transaction made for the person, and
(d) in the case of a transaction or arrangement for the supply or transfer of goods, land or services (or any interest therein), the person is the person to whom the goods, land or services (or the interest) are supplied or transferred or for whom the arrangement was made.
(7) Section 75 has effect in relation to an arrangement or transaction whether governed by the law of the State or of another country.