Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicles Act 2015
Register of directors and secretaries
65. (1) An ICAV shall keep at its registered office a register of its directors and secretaries and, if any, its deputy and assistant secretaries.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the register shall contain the following particulars relating to each director:
(a) present forename and surname and any former forename and surname;
(b) date of birth;
(c) usual residential address;
(e) business occupation, if any;
(f) particulars of any other present or former directorships of bodies corporate, whether incorporated in the State or elsewhere.
(3) It is not necessary for the register to contain on any day particulars of any directorship—
(a) which has not been held by a director at any time during the 5 years preceding that day, or
(b) which is held or was held by a director in bodies corporate of which the ICAV is or was the wholly-owned subsidiary or which are or were the wholly-owned subsidiaries either of the ICAV or of another body corporate of which the ICAV is or was the wholly-owned subsidiary,
and for the purposes of this subsection a body corporate is the wholly-owned subsidiary of another if it has no members except that other and that other’s wholly-owned subsidiaries and its or their nominees.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), the register shall contain the following particulars relating to the secretary or, where there are joint secretaries, in relation to each of them, any deputy secretary or any assistant secretary:
(a) in the case of an individual, present forename and surname, any former forename and surname, usual residential address and date of birth;
(b) in the case of a body corporate, the corporate name and, if the body corporate is registered, its registered office, the register in which it is registered and its number in that register.
(5) Where all the partners in a firm are joint secretaries of an ICAV, the name and principal office of the firm may be stated instead of those particulars.
(6) The ICAV shall, within 14 days after the date of the happening of—
(a) any change among its directors or in its secretary or deputy or assistant secretary, or
(b) any change in any of the particulars contained in the register,
send to the Bank a notification in writing of the change and of the date on which it occurred.
(7) In the case of a person who is a director of more than one ICAV the following provisions apply:
(a) the person may send a notification in writing to the Bank of a change in usual residential address or of a change in name and (in each case) of the date on which the change occurred;
(b) if such a notification is sent to the Bank and each ICAV is listed in the notification as being one of which the person is a director—
(i) each ICAV shall be relieved, as respects, and only as respects, that particular change or, as the case may be, those particular changes, of the obligation under subsection (6) to send a notification of it or them to the Bank, and
(ii) the Bank may proceed to record the relevant change or changes concerning the person in relation to each ICAV.
(8) A notification sent to the Bank pursuant to subsection (6) of the appointment of a person as a director, secretary or joint secretary, deputy secretary or assistant secretary of an ICAV shall be accompanied by a consent signed by that person to act as director, secretary or joint secretary, deputy secretary or assistant secretary, as the case may be.
(9) For the purposes of this section—
(a) in the case of a person usually known by a title different from his or her surname, the expression “surname” means that title,
(b) references to a “former forename or surname” do not include—
(i) in the case of a person usually known by a title different from his or her surname, the name by which he or she was known previous to the adoption of or succession to the title,
(ii) in the case of any person, a former forename or surname where that name or surname was changed or disused before the person bearing the name attained the age of 18 years or has been changed or disused for a period of not less than 20 years, or
(iii) in the case of a married woman, the name or surname by which she was known previous to her marriage.