Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicles Act 2015
Application for authorisation
18. (1) To obtain authorisation an ICAV shall make an application to the Bank.
(2) The application shall—
(a) be made in writing in such manner and form as may be specified by the Bank,
(i) a statement of the general nature of the investment objectives of the ICAV,
(ii) if the ICAV is not authorised under the AIFM Regulations, the full name and address of the proposed external AIFM within the meaning of the AIFM Regulations, and
(iii) the full name and address of the proposed depositary,
(c) contain or be accompanied by such other information as the Bank may specify for the purpose of determining the application.
(3) At any time after receiving an application and before determining it the Bank may by notice in writing require the person who made the application to provide additional information to it.
(4) Different requirements may be specified by the Bank for the purposes of subsection (2)(b) and (c) in relation to different classes of applications.
(5) The Bank may specify that information provided to it in compliance with subsection (1) be certified or attested as to its authenticity or correctness in such manner as the Bank may specify, including by statutory declaration.
(6) A person commits a category 2 offence if—
(a) for the purposes of or in connection with any application under this section, or
(b) in purported compliance with any requirement imposed on the person by or under this section,
the person provides information that is false or misleading in a material particular, knowing it to be so false or misleading or being reckless as to whether it is so false or misleading.