Workplace Relations Act 2015
Administrative cooperation by Commission and official bodies
34. (1) The Commission shall, in so far as is consistent with the proper performance of its functions, endeavour to secure cooperation between the Commission and official bodies, and may enter into one or more than one arrangement (whether in the form of a memorandum of understanding or otherwise) with an official body or official bodies for the purposes of—
(a) facilitating administrative cooperation between the Commission and the official bodies in the performance of their respective functions, in so far as they relate to the employment of persons,
(b) avoiding duplication of activities by the Commission and any of the official bodies, and
(c) sharing information relevant to the employment of persons.
(2) The parties to an arrangement under this section may vary the terms of the arrangement.
(3) An arrangement under this section, or any variation of such an arrangement, shall be in writing.
(4) An arrangement under this section shall not operate to bind the Commission or an official body.
(5) The Commission shall provide the Minister and any relevant Minister in relation to an official body concerned with a copy of each arrangement under this section and any variation thereof.
(6) (a) An arrangement under this section shall not operate to require the Commission to provide information to any official body if the disclosure of that information by the Commission is prohibited by law.
(b) An arrangement under this section shall not operate to require an official body to provide information to the Commission if the disclosure of that information by the official body is prohibited by law.
(7) In this section “relevant Minister” means, in relation to an official body, any Minister of the Government who performs functions in relation to that official body.