Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2014
Short title, construction, collective citations and commencement
1. (1) This Act may be cited as the Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2014.
(2) The Social Welfare Acts and Part 2 shall be read together as one.
(3) The Pensions Acts 1990 to 2013 and Part 3 shall be read together as one and may be cited together as the Pensions Acts 1990 to 2014.
(4) Sections 6 , 9 and 10 shall come into operation on such day or days as the Minister for Social Protection may appoint by order or orders either generally or with reference to any particular purpose or provision and different days may be so appointed for different purposes or different provisions.
Power pursuant to subs. (4) exercised (1.01.2015) by Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2014 (Section 6) (Commencement) Order 2014 (S.I. No. 530 of 2014).
2. The 1st day of January 2015 is appointed as the day on which section 6 of the Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2014 (No. 16 of 2014) shall come into operation.