Criminal Justice (Forensic Evidence and DNA Database System) Act 2014
Delegation of functions of Commissioner under this Act
152. (1) The Commissioner may, in writing, delegate any of his or her functions under this Act to—
(a) members of the Garda Síochána specified by rank or name, or
(b) members of the civilian staff of the Garda Síochána by grade, position, name or otherwise.
(2) A delegation under this section may—
(a) relate to the performance of a function either generally or in a particular case or class of case or in respect of a particular matter,
(b) be made subject to conditions or restrictions, and
(c) be revoked or varied by the Commissioner at any time.
(3) The delegation of a function under this section does not preclude the Commissioner from performing the function.
(4) Where the functions of the Commissioner under a provision of this Act are delegated to a person, any references in that provision to the Commissioner shall be construed as references to that person.
(5) An act or thing done by a person pursuant to a delegation under this section has the same force and effect as if done by the Commissioner.