Child and Family Agency Act 2013
Meetings of Board
22. (1) The Minister in consultation with the Board, shall fix the date, time and place of the first meeting of the Board.
(2) The Board shall hold as many meetings as are necessary for the performance of its functions but in each year shall hold at least 10 meetings.
(3) The chairperson may at any reasonable time call a meeting of the Board.
(4) Any F24 members of the Board may call a meeting of the Board if the chairperson—
(a) refuses to call a meeting after being presented with a requisition for that purpose signed by not fewer than F24 Board members, or
(b) without refusing to call a meeting, does not call one within 7 days of being presented with such a requisition.
(5) The members present at a meeting called under subsection (4) shall choose one of their number to chair the meeting.
(6) The quorum for a meeting of the Board shall be F24[5 ordinary members] of the Board and the chairperson or deputy chairperson, or for a meeting called in accordance with subsection (4), the member chosen under subsection (5) to chair the meeting.
(7) Where there is a vacancy on the Board, the number of ordinary members required to be present for a quorum shall be F24.
(8) A meeting held while there is a vacancy on the Board is validly held notwithstanding the vacancy, so long as there is a quorum.
(9) The chairperson shall, if present, preside at all meetings of the Board.
(10) Each question at a meeting shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting on the question.
(11) Where there is an equal division of votes, the chairperson, or in the absence of the chairperson, the deputy chairperson or where the meeting has been called in accordance with subsection (4), the person chosen in accordance with subsection (5), has a second or casting vote.
(12) The Board may regulate, by standing orders or otherwise, the procedures and business of the Board.
Substituted (1.04.2021) by Family Leave and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 2021 (4/2021), s. 18(a)-(c), S.I. No. 148 of 2021.