Further Education and Training Act 2013
Meetings and procedure.
14.— (1) An tSeirbhís shall hold such and so many meetings as may be necessary for the due fulfilment of its functions but in each year shall hold not less than one meeting in each period of 3 months.
(2) At a meeting of An tSeirbhís—
(a) the chairperson of An tSeirbhís shall, if present, be the chairperson of the meeting, or
(b) if and so long as the chairperson of An tSeirbhís is not present, or if that office is vacant, the members of An tSeirbhís who are present shall choose one of their number to be chairperson of the meeting.
(3) Every question at a meeting shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members of An tSeirbhís present and voting on the question and, in the case of an equal division of votes, the chairperson of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) Subject to subsection (6), An tSeirbhís may act notwithstanding one or more vacancies among its members.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, An tSeirbhís shall regulate its procedure by rules or otherwise.
(6) The quorum for a meeting of An tSeirbhís shall, unless the Minister otherwise directs, be 7.
(7) The Minister shall fix the date of the first meeting of An tSeirbhís first constituted pursuant to section 10, and shall specify the time and place at which it shall take place.