Education and Training Boards Act 2013
14.— (1) There shall be a chief executive officer of each education and training board (in this Act referred to as a “chief executive”).
(2) Subject to subsections (4), (5) and (6), a chief executive shall be appointed by an education and training board—
( a) in accordance with procedures determined by the Minister following consultation with the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, and
( b) with the consent of the Minister.
(3) A chief executive shall hold office upon and subject to such terms and conditions, including terms and conditions relating to remuneration, allowances and superannuation, as may be determined by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
(4) The Minister may, before the establishment day, designate a person to be appointed the first chief executive of an education and training board.
(5) If immediately before the establishment day, a person stands designated by the Minister under subsection (4), the person shall, on the establishment day, stand appointed as the first chief executive of the education and training board for which he or she was so designated.
(6) Where a person who stands appointed under subsection (5) dies, resigns or otherwise ceases to hold office prior to the date first fixed under section 31(7)(a)(ii) , the Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, appoint a chief executive to fill the vacancy so occasioned.
(7) Subject to subsections (8) and (9), a chief executive of an education and training board shall not hold any other office or employment or carry on any other business without the consent of the board.
(8) A chief executive of an education and training board may, at the request of the Minister, hold any other additional office or employment in any other public service body, for such period as may be specified by the Minister, and shall do so where the Minister so directs.
(9) The Minister may direct an education and training board to arrange for the secondment of the chief executive of its board to—
( a) another education and training board, or
( b) another public service body.
(10) An education and training board shall comply with a direction under subsection (9).