National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012
Nomination and registration of liaison persons for purposes of Act.
9.— (1) A relevant organisation that is registered in the register of relevant organisations shall, for the purposes of applying for and receiving vetting disclosures in accordance with this Act, nominate in writing a person (in this Act referred to as a “liaison person”) to be registered in the register of relevant organisations as the liaison person of the organisation.
(2) A relevant organisation that is registered in the register of relevant organisations may at any time nominate more than one person under subsection (1) .
(3) A nomination referred to in subsection (1) shall be in such form as may be specified by the Bureau and shall include the following information in respect of the person nominated:
( a) his or her name and, where he or she also uses one or more other names, each of those names;
( b) in a case where he or she has a former name, including where appropriate, a maiden name, that name or each of them, as the case may be;
( c) his or her gender;
( d) his or her mother’s maiden name;
( e) his or her address;
( f) his or her previous addresses (if any);
( g) his or her date of birth;
( h) his or her place of birth;
( i) his or her nationality (if known);
( j) his or her Passport Number (if available);
F4 [ (k) subject to subsection (9) , in a case where he or she has a criminal record, particulars of such record; ]
( l) such other information as the Bureau may reasonably require for the performance of its functions under this Act.
(4) A relevant organisation shall seek vetting disclosure from the Bureau in respect of the person or persons nominated by it under subsection (1), and Part 3 (other than sections 12 and 16(1) ) shall with any necessary modifications apply to an application for vetting disclosure for persons so nominated as it applies to an application for vetting disclosure under section 14 .
(5) The Bureau may refuse to register a person as a liaison person for an organisation under this section if—
( a) the Chief Bureau Officer considers the person to be unsuitable following the vetting procedures carried out in respect of the person, or
( b) the number of persons nominated by the organisation as liaison persons is reasonably considered to be excessive having regard to the size of the organisation and the number of vetting disclosures likely to be sought by the organisation.
(6) Where the Bureau accepts the nomination of a person as a liaison person under subsection (1), the name of the person shall be registered in the register of relevant organisations for the organisation concerned.
(7) A person who, immediately before the commencement of this section, is registered with the Garda Central Vetting Unit as a liaison person for an organisation shall, on such commencement, be deemed to be registered as a liaison person for the organisation in the register of relevant organisations.
(8) If a particular relating to a liaison person entered in the register of a relevant organisation is incorrect, the relevant organisation to which the particular relates shall, as soon as may be after becoming aware of its being incorrect, inform the Bureau thereof accordingly.
F5 [ (9) A person shall not be obliged to provide details of any convictions to which section 14A applies. ]