Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012
Authority to determine standards of knowledge, skill or competence for awards.
49.— (1) The Authority shall determine the standards of knowledge, skill or competence to be acquired, and where appropriate, demonstrated, by a learner before an award may be made by the Authority or by a provider to which, under section 53, authority to make an award has been delegated.
(2) The Authority shall have regard to the Framework in determining the standards referred to in subsection (1).
(3) The Authority may, in determining the standards referred to in subsection (1), determine different standards for different awards or different classes of award.
(4) The Authority may consult with an awarding body before determining standards under subsection (1) for a joint award of the Authority and that awarding body to be made under a joint awarding arrangement between the Authority and that awarding body.
(5) The Authority shall publish, in such form and manner as it thinks appropriate (including on the internet), the standards determined under subsection (1).
(6) The Authority may, at any time, amend the standards determined under subsection (1).