Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2010
Transfer of certain property.
32.— (1) For the purposes of this section, the Minister for Education and Skills may, with the consent of the Minister, designate by instrument in writing lands that immediately before being so designated were vested in An Foras.
(2) On the transfer day all lands designated under subsection (1) and all rights, powers and privileges relating to or connected with such lands shall, without any conveyance or assignment, stand vested in the Commissioners.
(3) For the purposes of this section, the Minister for Education and Skills may, with the consent of the Minister, designate in writing property other than land, including choses-in-action, that immediately before being so designated was the property of An Foras.
(4) All property other than land, including choses-in-action, designated under subsection (3) shall, on the transfer day, stand vested in the Minister without any assignment.
(5) Every chose-in-action vested in the Minister by virtue of this section may, on and after the transfer day, be sued upon, recovered or enforced by the Minister in the name of the Minister and it shall not be necessary for the Minister to give notice to any person bound by the chose-in-action of the transfer effected by that subsection.
(6) (a) The Minister shall, by order, appoint a day (in this section referred to as the “transfer day”) for the purposes of this section.
(b) For the purposes of paragraph (a), the Minister may appoint different transfer days for different purposes and different provisions.
Power pursuant to subs. (6) exercised (21.12.2011) by Social Welfare and Pensions Act 2010 (Section 32) (Transfer Day) Order 2011 (S.I. No. 717 of 2011).