Arbitration Act 2010
Application of Act to arbitrations under other Acts.
29.— (1) This Act, other than the excluded provisions, shall apply to every arbitration under any other Act as if the arbitration were pursuant to an arbitration agreement and as if that other Act were an arbitration agreement, except in so far as this Act is inconsistent with that other Act or with any rules or procedure authorised or recognised under that other Act.
(2) The enactments specified in column (2) of Schedule 6 are amended to the extent specified in that Schedule.
(3) In subsection (3) of section 496 of the Merchant Shipping Act 1894, the reference to legal proceedings shall be construed as including a reference to arbitration.
(4) In this section, “excluded provisions” means subsections (2) and (3), subsection (3) of section 8, sections 17, 26, 27, 30 and 31 and Articles 12 and 13.
Modifications (not altering text):
Application of subs. (1) extended (1.01.2016) by European Union (Insurance and Reinsurance) Regulations 2015 (S.I. No. 485 of 2015), reg. 209(1), in effect as per regs. 1(2), (3).
209. (1) Where a dispute arises under a contract of legal expenses insurance between the legal expenses insurance undertaking and the insured, the dispute shall be referred to arbitration
in accordance with Part 2 of the Arbitration Act 2010 (No. 1 of 2010), as if these Regulations were an Act to which section 29(1) of the said Act applies.
Application of subs. (1) extended (1.06.2015) by Companies Act 2014 (38/2014), s. 601(10), S.I. No. 169 of 2015.
Power of liquidator to accept shares as consideration for sale of property of company
601. (1) This section applies where a company is proposed to be, or is in course of being, wound up as a members' voluntary winding up, and the whole or part of its business or property is proposed to be transferred or sold to another company, whether a company registered under this Act, an existing company or any other type of company or undertaking (in this section referred to as the “transferee company”).
(10) The provisions of the Arbitration Act 2010 applicable to arbitrations referred to in section 29 of that Act shall apply to an arbitration referred to in subsection (5).