Broadcasting Act 2009
Body corporate and seal.
7.— (1) The Authority shall be a body corporate, with perpetual succession and the power to sue and be sued and to acquire, hold and dispose of land and other property.
(2) The Authority shall, as soon as may be after its establishment, provide itself with a seal.
(3) The seal of the Authority shall be authenticated by the signature of—
(a) the chairperson of the Authority or another member of the Authority, or
(b) a member of the staff of the Authority,
authorised by the Authority to act in that behalf.
(4) Judicial notice shall be taken of the seal of the Authority and every document purporting to be an instrument made by the Authority and to be sealed with the seal of the Authority shall be received in evidence and be deemed to be such instrument without further proof unless the contrary is shown.
(5) Any contract or instrument which, if entered into or executed by a person not being a body corporate, would not require to be under seal may be entered into or executed on behalf of the Authority by any person generally or specially authorised by the Authority in that behalf.
(6) The Contract Awards Committee and Compliance Committee shall perform their functions under the seal of the Authority.