Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008
Staff of Authority.
20.— (1) The Authority may appoint such, and such number of, persons to be members of the staff of the Authority as it may determine with the approval of the Minister and the Minister for Finance.
(2) A member of the staff of the Authority (other than the chief executive) shall—
( a) be paid such remuneration (including allowances for expenses) as the Authority may determine with the approval of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, and
( b) hold his or her office or employment on such other terms and conditions as the Authority may determine.
(3) The categories of the staff of the Authority and the numbers of staff in each category shall be determined by the Authority.
(4) The chairperson of the Authority shall report to the Minister each year regarding the exercise of its responsibilities under subsections (1), (2) and (3).
(5) A member of the staff of the Authority shall not be a civil servant within the meaning of the Civil Service Regulation Acts 1956 to 2005.
(6) Notwithstanding subsection (5), officers of the Minister may be seconded to the Authority, at its request and at the discretion of the Minister, for a period not exceeding 2 years.
(7) The Authority may at any time remove any member of the staff of the Authority from being a member of its staff where that person fails to perform his or her functions satisfactorily.
(8) No action or other proceedings shall lie or be maintainable (except in the case of wilful neglect or default) against any member of the staff of the Authority arising from a failure to perform or to comply with any of the functions conferred on the Authority by this Act.