Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008
Functions of Advisory Council.
18.— (1) The functions of the Council are to—
( a) consider and make recommendations to the Authority on a—
(i) draft transport strategy, and
(ii) draft integrated implementation plan,
( b) monitor the implementation of the transport strategy and the integrated implementation plan and make any recommendations it considers appropriate to the Authority,
( c) consider and make recommendations to the Authority on a draft strategic traffic management plan,
( d) monitor the implementation of the strategic traffic management plan and make any recommendations it considers appropriate to the Authority, and
( e) make recommendations to the Authority in relation to the discharge of any of its functions.
(2) The Authority shall consider the recommendations of the Council under this section and may accept or reject in whole or in part a recommendation of the Council.
(3) Where the Authority rejects a recommendation of the Council in whole or in part, it shall state the reasons for such rejection to the Council.
(4) ( a) The Authority shall publish any recommendations made by the Council under subsection (1) and any reasons stated by it under subsection (3).
( b) Publication by the Authority on its website shall constitute compliance with paragraph (a).
(5) The Minister or the Authority may consult with or seek the advice of the Council on any matter arising in relation to the exercise of the functions of the Authority.
(6) The Council shall be entitled to be informed at each of its meetings about the work of the Authority, provided that disclosure of such information shall not, in the opinion of the Authority—
( a) relate to matters which the Authority consider to be of a commercially sensitive nature,
( b) could impede the present or future performance of its functions, or
( c) be in breach of section 38 .