Medical Practitioners Act 2007
F66 [ Register of adapters.
36L . — ... ]
Inserted by Regulated Professions (Health and Social Care) (Amendment) Act 2020 (16/2020), s. 89, not commenced as of date of revision.
Modifications (not altering text):
Prospective affecting provision: section inserted by Regulated Professions (Health and Social Care) (Amendment) Act 2020 (16/2020), s. 89, not commenced as of date of revision.
F66 [ 36L. (1) The Council shall establish and maintain a register to be known as the register of adapters.
(2) The register shall contain the names of relevant persons registered in it pursuant to section 36M and such other identifying particulars of those persons as the Council considers appropriate.
(3) The register may be established and maintained in paper or electronic form.
(4) A certificate purporting to be signed by the chief executive officer, or another member of the staff of the Council authorised by the chief executive officer to give a certificate under this subsection, and to certify that on a specified day or days or during the whole of a specified period—
( a ) a person named in the certificate—
(i) was an adapter, or
(ii) was not an adapter,
( b ) the registration of an adapter named in the certificate was subject to the relevant conditions specified in the certificate,
shall, without proof of the signature of the person purporting to sign the certificate or that the person was the chief executive officer or another member of the staff of the Council so authorised, as the case may be, be evidence, unless the contrary is proved, of the matters stated in the certificate.
(5) The Council shall, as soon as is practicable after a relevant person has been registered and the appropriate fee paid, give the person a certificate stating—
( a ) the person’s name,
( b ) the registration number attached to the person’s registration,
( c ) such other identifying particulars of the person as the Council considers appropriate,
( d ) the adaptation period, not exceeding 3 years, required to be completed by the person, and
( e ) particulars of the training in medical practice to which such adaptation period relates.
(6) Where relevant conditions have been attached to the registration of an adapter, the Council shall enter in the register—
( a ) a statement that the adapter’s registration is subject to conditions, and
( b ) particulars of the conditions.
(7) An adapter shall, as soon as may be after the adapter has received his or her certificate of registration and if it is practicable to do so, cause the certificate to be displayed—
( a ) at the principal place where the adapter practises medicine, and
( b ) at all times during which the adapter’s registration continues and at no other time.
(8) An adapter shall, as soon as may be after he or she has received his or her certificate of registration, cause the registration number stated on that certificate to be included on all medical prescriptions and all other documentation and records, whether in paper or electronic form, relating to that adapter’s practice as an adapter.
(9) The Council shall, as soon as is practicable after the expiration of an adapter’s adaptation period, remove from the register all entries therein relating to that adapter. ]