Sea-Fisheries and Maritime Jurisdiction Act 2006
63.— (1) Subject to subsection (2), for the purpose of meeting expenses properly incurred by the Authority in the due performance of its functions under this Chapter, the Authority, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, may make regulations imposing fees to be paid by such classes of persons as may be specified by the Authority in the regulations.
(2) Regulations under subsection (1) may provide for the following—
(a) rates of fee payable,
(b) the keeping of records and the making of returns by persons liable to pay fees,
(c) the collection and recovery of fees, and
(d) such other matters as are necessary or incidental to the procurement of the payment of fees.
(3) Fees shall be payable to the Authority at such time and at such rates as may be prescribed in regulations made by the Authority under subsection (1) and different rates may be prescribed in respect of different classes of persons liable to pay fees.
(4) Fees payable under the regulations mentioned in Schedule 3 shall, on the establishment day, be payable to the Authority and may be altered by regulations under this section.
(5) The Minister may, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, direct the Authority to pay into the Central Fund or the growing produce thereof, such sum as he or she may specify, being a sum that represents the amount by which the gross income received by the Authority in each financial year exceeds the gross expenditure incurred in the administration of its office in that year.
(6) The Authority may recover, as a simple contract debt in any court of competent jurisdiction, from any person by whom it is payable any amount due and owing to it under this section (including fees payable under regulations mentioned in Schedule 3).
(7) The Public Offices Fees Act 1879 does not apply to any fees payable under this section.