Veterinary Practice Act 2005
Establishment of committees.
20.—(1) Subject to subsection (2), the Council may establish committees, other than the Preliminary Investigation Committee, the Fitness to Practise Committee and the Education Committee, to perform specified functions of the Council if it is of opinion that the functions may be performed more efficiently or conveniently by committees.
(2) A committee established under this section may include in its members persons who are not members of the Council.
(3) The chairperson of each committee established under this section shall be a member of the Council and shall be appointed by the Council as such chairperson.
(4) ( a) The Council may at any time dissolve a committee established under this section.
( b) Where a committee is dissolved under this subsection, the Council, subject to this Act, shall make such arrangements as it considers appropriate in respect of the work of the committee and the exercise of its functions.
(5) Subject to this Act, the acts of a committee established under this section shall be subject to confirmation by the Council unless the Council dispenses with the necessity for confirmation.
(6) Subject to this Act, the Council may regulate the procedure of committees established under this section and, subject to being so regulated, committees established under this section may regulate their own procedure.