Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003
Meetings of Board.
60.—(1) The Board shall hold such and so many meetings as may be necessary for the performance of its functions.
(2) The Minister shall fix the date, time and place of the first meeting of the Board and the Board shall fix the date, time and place of subsequent meetings.
(3) The quorum for a meeting of the Board shall be 6.
(4) At a meeting of the Board—
(a) the chairperson of the Board shall, if present, chair the meeting,
(b) if the chairperson is not present, or if the office of chairperson is vacant, the vice-chairperson shall, if present, chair the meeting,
(c) if neither the chairperson nor the vice-chairperson are present, the members of the Board present at the meeting shall choose one of their number to chair the meeting.
(5) At a meeting of the Board each person present, including the chairperson, shall have a vote and any question on which a vote is required so as to establish the Board's position on a matter shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting on the question and, in the case of an equal division of the votes, the chairperson of the meeting shall have a second and casting vote.
(6) The Board may act notwithstanding one or more vacancies among its members (but this subsection is without prejudice to subsection (3)).
(7) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board may regulate its own procedures and business.