Digital Hub Development Agency Act 2003
Disclosure by members of Agency of certain interests.
25. —(1) Where at a meeting of the Agency any of the following matters arise, namely—
(a) an arrangement to which the Agency is a party or a proposed such arrangement, or
(b) a contract or other agreement with the Agency or a proposed such contract or other agreement,
then, any member of the Agency present at the meeting who otherwise than in his or her capacity as such a member has an interest in the matter shall—
(i) at the meeting disclose to the Agency the fact of such interest and the nature thereof,
(ii) neither influence nor seek to influence a decision to be made in relation to the matter,
(iii) absent himself or herself from the meeting or that part of the meeting during which the matter is discussed,
(iv) take no part in any deliberation of the Agency relating to the matter, and
(v) not vote on a decision relating to the matter.
(2) Where an interest is disclosed pursuant to this section, the disclosure shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting concerned and, for so long as the matter to which the disclosure relates is being considered or discussed by the meeting, the member by whom the disclosure is made shall not be counted in the quorum for the meeting.
(3) Where at a meeting of the Agency a question arises as to whether or not a course of conduct, if pursued by a member of the Agency, would constitute a failure by him or her to comply with the requirements of subsection (1), the question may be determined by the Agency, whose decision shall be final, and where such a question is so determined, particulars of the determination shall be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
(4) Where the Minister is satisfied that a member of the Agency has failed to comply with subsection (1), the Minister may if he or she thinks fit, remove that member from office or take such other action as he or she considers appropriate and, in case a person is removed from office pursuant to this subsection, he or she shall thereafter be disqualified from membership of the Agency.
(5) For the purposes of this section and section 26 a person shall not be regarded as having an interest in any matter by reason only of an interest of that person, or of any company in which he or she has an interest, which is so remote or insignificant that it cannot reasonably be regarded as likely to influence a person in considering, discussing or in voting on, any question relating to the matter, or in performing any function in relation to that matter.