Licensing of Indoor Events Act 2003
Holding of event by local authority.
23. —(1) An indoor event for which a licence is required under section 5(1), and which is proposed to be carried out by a local authority (in this section referred to as the “proposed indoor event”), shall be carried out in accordance with this section and any regulations made under subsection (2).
(2) The Minister may make regulations providing for the holding of an indoor event by a local authority and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing such regulations may provide for the submission of information to the fire authority in respect of such proposed indoor event and—
(a) the notification of and consultation with any prescribed person or persons by the fire authority, and
(b) the making of submissions or observations to the fire authority within a prescribed time with respect to the proposed indoor event.
(3) The information submitted to the fire authority in accordance with regulations made under subsection (2) shall be made available to the elected members of the council of the local authority in whose functional area the proposed indoor event is to take place.
(4) The elected members referred to in subsection (3) may make submissions to the fire authority regarding the proposed indoor event within such time as is prescribed and the making of submissions by such elected members shall, for the purposes of this section, be a reserved function.
(5) The fire authority shall, after the expiration of the prescribed time for the making of submissions, consider any submissions or observations made to it and shall—
(a) prepare a written report in relation to the proposed indoor event and the safety management plan for the proposed indoor event,
(b) specify the proposed indoor event and any condition, as provided for in section 6(4), to which the holding of such proposed indoor event shall be subject,
(c) specify the person or persons consulted in respect of the proposed indoor event in accordance with the regulations made under subsection (2),
(d) summarise the issues raised in the information obtained in accordance with this section and the regulations made under subsection (2), and
(e) decide that the proposed indoor event—
(i) can be held as proposed,
(ii) can be held subject to conditions, or
(iii) cannot be held.
(6) A proposed indoor event for which a licence is required under section 5(1) shall not be held other than in accordance with subsection (5).
(7) In this section “local authority” has the meaning assigned to it by the Act of 2001.
Functions under section to be performed by municipal district members as prescribed by Local Government Act 2001 (37/2001), s. 131A(1)(a), (4) and sch. 14A part 1 ref. no. 25, as inserted (1.06.2014) by Local Government Reform Act 2014 (1/2014), s. 21(3), (4) and sch. 3, S.I. No. 214 of 2014.