Teaching Council Act 2001
1. The Director shall perform his or her functions subject to such policies as may be determined from time to time by the Council and shall be answerable to the Council for the efficient and effective management of the Council and for the due performance of his or her functions.
2. (1) The Director may delegate any of his or her functions to an employee of the Council, unless they are so delegated to the Director subject to the condition that they shall not be sub-delegated, and the employee concerned shall be accountable to the Director for the performance of the functions so delegated.
(2) Notwithstanding any such delegation, the Director shall at all times remain accountable to the Council for the performance of the functions so delegated.
3. The Director shall not hold any other office or position without the consent of the Council.
4. The Director shall hold office subject to such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to remuneration, fees and allowances for expenses) as the Council, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, may from time to time determine.
5. The Director shall not be a member of the Council or a committee, but he or she or his or her nominee may, in accordance with procedures established by the Council or the committee, as the case may be, attend meetings of the Council or a committee and shall be entitled to speak at and advise such meetings.