Youth Work Act 2001
Provision of programmes and services where none currently provided.
11.—(1) Where F8[an education and training board] considers that a youth work programme or a youth work service is required to be provided in its F8[education and training board area] but it is not being provided, F8[the education and training board] shall—
(a) publish a notice in at least 2 newspapers circulating in the F8[education and training board area] inviting organisations in its F8[education and training board area] to submit a proposal for the provision of that youth work programme or youth work service specifying in the proposal such information as F8[the education and training board] may require concerning the provision of the programme or service, and
(b) assess, in accordance with such guidelines or regulations as may be issued or made by the Minister, and following consultation with the youth work committee for the F8[education and training board area] concerned, the suitability of the proposals submitted in accordance with paragraph (a).
(2) Where the F8[education and training board] decides, after considering all proposals submitted to it under subsection (1), that none is suitable for the purposes of providing the youth work programme or youth work service concerned, it shall prepare a report regarding that decision and, by notice in writing, inform each organisation that submitted the proposals of its decision and the reasons for its decision.
(3) An organisation may, within the period of 21 days beginning on the date when a notice under subsection (2) is given to it, make such representations to the F8[education and training board] as it considers appropriate and the F8[education and training board] shall, within a period of 2 months beginning on the date when they were made, consider the representations.
(4) F8[An education and training board] may, following consideration of representations, if any, made under subsection (3)—
(a) reject the proposals and inform the organisation concerned of its decision, or
(b) accept the proposals, inform the organisation of its decision and allow the organisation to provide the youth work programme or youth work service.
(5) F8[An education and training board] may, pursuant to a resolution of the committee, provide a youth work programme or a youth work service in respect of which a proposal has been rejected under subsection (4)(a).
(6) F8[An education and training board] which provides a youth work programme or youth work service under subsection (5)—
(a) shall not continue to provide the programme or service for a period in excess of 3 years from the date of commencement of its provision unless it is satisfied that there is no organisation that can and is prepared to make suitable arrangements for its provision, and
(b) shall, before the end of the second year and every 3 years thereafter of providing the programme or service, apply the procedure set out in subsection (1) for the purpose of ascertaining whether suitable arrangements, as referred to in paragraph (a), can be made for its provision.
Substituted (1.07.2013) by Education and Training Boards Act 2013 (11/2013), s. 72 and sch. 6 item 38, S.I. No. 211 of 2013.