Local Government Act 2001
Consideration of annual financial statement.
108.—(1) In this section, additional expenditure has the meaning given to it by section 104(1).
(2) Every local authority or joint body shall prepare an annual financial statement in accordance with the accounting code of practice issued by the Minister under section 107.
(3) As soon as practicable after the preparation of an annual financial statement, such statement, with a report on it by the F126[chief executive], shall be sent to each member of the local authority or joint body, as the case may be.
(4) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (3), a report under that subsection shall include details of additional expenditure incurred in the period to which the annual financial statement relates and of authorisations given under section 104.
(5) The annual financial statement shall be considered at the next practicable meeting of the local authority or joint body concerned which is held not less than 7 days after the annual financial statement was sent under subsection (3).
(6) As soon as may be practicable after having been sent under subsection (3), the annual financial statement shall be transmitted to the Minister and the Director of Audit.
Substituted (1.06.2014) by Local Government Reform Act 2014 (1/2014), s. 5(1) and sch. 1 part 1 ref. 72, S.I. No. 214 of 2014.