Valuation Act 2001
F78[Valuation for certain purposes of property not falling within Schedule 4
67A. (1) The Commissioner may, in relation to property that does not fall within Schedule 4 and for the purposes of condition 2 of section 10 and section 15(1)(d)(i) of the Act of 1978, on application being made to him or her in that behalf by a person who appears to the Commissioner to have a sufficient interest in the matter, cause the value of the property to be determined in accordance with subsection (2).
(2) If the value of a property falls to be determined for the purposes of subsection (1), that determination shall be made by reference to the values of other comparable properties, as appeared on an existing valuation list (as distinct from those that appear on a valuation list published under this Act) relating to the rating authority area in which that property is situate.
(3) The value of the property determined in accordance with subsection (2) shall be deemed to be the rateable valuation of the property for the purposes referred to in subsection (1).
(4) The Commissioner shall issue a certificate stating the value of the property as determined under subsection (2) to the person who made the application under subsection (1).
(5) A reference in this section to a certificate issued by the Commissioner includes a reference to a certificate issued by a person duly authorised by the Commissioner to so issue.
(6) The production to a court or the Property Registration Authority of a certificate issued under subsection (4), purporting to state the value of a property determined under subsection (2), shall, without proof of the signature of the Commissioner or other person duly authorised by the Commissioner, be sufficient evidence, until the contrary is proven, of the matters stated in the certificate.
(7) In this section and section 67B, “Act of 1978” means the Landlord and Tenant (Ground Rents) (No. 2) Act 1978.]
Inserted (17.01.2020) by Landlord and Tenant (Ground Rents) (Amendment) Act 2019 (42/2019), s. 6, S.I. No. 11 of 2020.