Planning and Development Act 2000
Amendment of section 60 of Roads Act, 1993
273.—Section 60 of the Roads Act, 1993, is hereby amended by the substitution of the following for that section:
“60.—(1) A road authority may by order revoke a toll scheme adopted by it under section 58.
(2) Where a road authority proposes to make an order under subsection (1) it shall, before so making the order, publish in one or more newspapers circulating in the area where the toll road is located a notice—
(a) stating that it proposes to revoke the scheme,
(b) indicating the times at which, the period (being not less than one month from the first publication of the notice) during which, and the place at which, a copy of the proposal may be inspected,
(c) stating that objections or representations may be made in writing to the road authority in relation to the proposal before such date as is specified in the notice (being a date that falls not less than 2 weeks from the end of the period for inspection of the proposal).
(3) Before making an order under subsection (1), the road authority shall consider any objections or representations made to it in accordance with a notice under subsection (2).
(4) A road authority may at its discretion cause an oral hearing to be held into any matter to which objections or representations, made in accordance with a notice under subsection (2) and not withdrawn, relate, by a person appointed by the road authority, and where a road authority causes an oral hearing to be so held it shall, before revoking the toll scheme under subsection (3), consider the report of and any recommendation made by that person.
(5) The road authority shall publish in one or more newspapers circulating in the area where the toll road is located notice of the making of any order under subsection (1).
(6) The making of an order under this section in relation to a regional road or a local road shall be a reserved function.”.