Planning and Development Act 2000

Compensation claim relating to area of special planning control.


198.—If, on a claim made to a planning authority, it is shown that—

(a) the value of an interest of any person in land in an area of special planning control has been reduced, or

(b) as a result of complying with a notice under section 88, the value of an interest of any person in the land existing at the time of the notice has been reduced, or that any person, having an interest in the land at the time, has suffered damage by being disturbed in his or her enjoyment of the structure or other land,

that person shall be paid by the planning authority, by way of compensation, a sum equal to the amount of the reduction in value or a sum in respect of the damage suffered.