Industrial Development (Enterprise Ireland) Act 1998
Committees of Forfás and IDA.
46.—(1) Section 10 of the Act of 1993 is hereby amended by the substitution for subsections (2) and (3) of the following subsections:
“(2) The Board of Forfás or IDA may establish committees to assist and advise it in relation to the performance of any of its functions.
(3) The Board may delegate to a committee any of its functions which, in its opinion, can be better or more conveniently exercised or performed by a committee.
(4) The Board shall decide the terms of reference for any committee established by it and may regulate the procedure of any such committee.
(5) The members of a committee shall be appointed by the Board which established it.
(6) A committee shall consist of such number of members as the Board which established it thinks proper.
(7) A committee may include persons who are not members of the Board or staff of Forfás or IDA.
(8) A member of a committee who fails to perform his or her functions may be removed at any time for stated reasons by the Board who appointed him or her.
(9) The Board may at any time dissolve a committee established by it.
(10) The Board may appoint a person to be chairperson of a committee established by it.
(11) The acts of a committee shall be subject to confirmation by the Board which established it save where the Board dispenses with the necessity for such confirmation.
(12) There shall be paid out of the income of Forfás or IDA to members of a committee established by it such allowances for expenses incurred by them in the discharge of their functions as the Board concerned may determine with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance.
(13) In this section ‘a committee’ means a committee of Forfás or IDA established under this section.”.
(2) Any committee established by Forfás or IDA under section 10(2) of the Act of 1993 which was in being immediately before the passing of this Act shall continue as if established under that section as so amended by this section.