Fisheries (Amendment) Act 1997
Meetings and procedure of Board.
28.—(1) The Board shall hold such meetings as may be necessary for the performance of its functions.
(2) Subject to section 34 (l)(d), the Chairperson and each other member, at a meeting of the Board, shall have a vote on any matter before the Board.
(3) At a meeting of the Board—
(a) the Chairperson, if present, shall preside,
(b) if and for so long as the Chairperson is not present, or if the office of Chairperson is vacant, the Deputy Chairperson shall, if present, preside, or
(c) if and for so long as the Chairperson is not present or the office of Chairperson is vacant and the Deputy Chairperson is not present or the office of Deputy Chairperson is vacant, the members present shall appoint one of their number to preside.
(4) Every question at a meeting of the Board shall be determined by a majority of votes of the members present and, in the event that voting is equally divided, the person presiding shall have a casting vote in addition to his or her deliberative vote.
(5) Subject to any provision of this Act or any regulation made under this Act which regulates or otherwise affects the procedure of the Board, the Board shall regulate its own procedure.
(6) Subject to subsections (7) and (8), the Board may perform any of its functions through or by the Chairperson or any other member of the Board or other person who, in either case, has been duly authorised by the Board in that behalf.
(7) Subsection (6) shall be construed as enabling a member of the Board finally to determine a particular case only if the case has been considered at a meeting of the Board before the giving of the authorisation.
(8) Subsection (6) shall not be construed as enabling the Board to authorise a person who is not a member of the Board finally to deter-mine a particular case with which the Board is concerned.