Credit Union Act 1997
F157 [ Board oversight committee: removal from office.
76Q. — (1) Subject to subsection (2) , a credit union may, by resolution of a majority of the members present and voting at a special general meeting called for that purpose, remove a member of the board oversight committee from office.
(2) The secretary of the credit union shall, not less than 21 days before the date of the special general meeting at which it is proposed to move a resolution referred to in subsection (1) , give written notice of that meeting to the member concerned.
(3) Where notice is given of a resolution mentioned in subsection (1) and the member of the board oversight committee concerned makes in relation to it representations in writing to the credit union (not exceeding a reasonable length) and requests their notification to the members of the credit union, the credit union shall, subject to subsection (5) , (unless the representations are received by it too late to do so) —
( a ) in any notice of the proposed resolution given to members of the credit union, state the fact of the representations having been made, and
( b ) send a copy of the representations to every member of the credit union to whom notice of the meeting is sent.
(4) Subject to subsection (5) , and whether or not copies of any representations made under subsection (3) have been sent in accordance with that subsection, the member of the board oversight committee concerned may require that, without prejudice to that member ’ s right to be heard orally, the representations made by that member shall be read out at the special general meeting.
(5) Subsections (3) and (4) shall not apply if, on the application either of the credit union or of any person who claims to be aggrieved, the Bank is satisfied that compliance with the subsections would diminish substantially public confidence in the credit union or that the rights conferred by those subsections are being, or are likely to be, abused in order to secure needless publicity for defamatory matter.
(6) A vacancy arising from the removal of a member of a board oversight committee under this section shall be filled in accordance with section 76N(2) . ]