Credit Union Act 1997
Notification of appointment of examiner.
154.— (1) Where a petition is presented under section 142 , notice of the petition shall, within three days after its presentation, be placed on the public file of the credit union.
(2) An examiner shall, within the time limits specified in subsection (3), cause notice of his appointment and the date thereof to be published in Iris Oifigiúil and in at least two daily newspapers circulating in the district in which the registered office of the credit union is situated.
(3) The time limits referred to in subsection (2) are—
( a) twenty-one days after the examiner's appointment in the case of Iris Oifigiúil, and
( b) three days after his appointment in the other case referred to in that subsection.
(4) An examiner shall, within three days after his appointment, deliver to the F311 [ Bank ] a copy of the order appointing him.
(5) Where a credit union is, by virtue of section 146 or section 147 , under the protection of the Court, every invoice, order for goods or letter issued by or on behalf of the credit union, being a document on or in which the name of the credit union appears, shall contain the statement “under the protection of the Court”.
(6) An examiner who fails to comply with the provisions of this section shall be guilty of an offence.
Substituted (1.05.2003) by Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland Act 2003 (12/2003), s. 35(1) and sch. 1 pt. 24 item 107, S.I. No. 160 of 2003, subject to transitional provisions in s. 36 and sch. 3 para. 26.