Health Insurance Act 1994
26. — (1) There shall be a chief officer of the Authority who shall be known as the Registrar and Chief Executive and is referred to in this Act as “ the Registrar ”.
(2) The first Registrar shall be appointed, and may be removed from office at any time, by the Minister.
(3) Thereafter, the Registrar shall be appointed, and may be removed from office at any time, by the Authority with the consent of the Minister.
(4) The Registrar shall not be a member of the Authority.
(5) The Registrar shall carry on and manage and control generally the administration and business of the Authority and perform such other functions as may be determined by the Authority.
(6) The Registrar shall not hold any other office or position without the consent of the Authority.
(7) The Registrar shall hold office on and subject to such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to remuneration and superannuation) as may be determined by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(8) The Registrar shall be paid, out of moneys at the disposal of the Authority, such allowances for expenses incurred by him or her in the performance of his or her functions as may be determined by the Minister with the consent of the Minister for Finance.
(9) The Registrar may make proposals to the Authority on any matter relating to its activities.