Irish Aviation Authority Act 1993
F22 [ Transfer of certain functions under Wireless Telegraphy Act 1926 to company.
70. ―(1) The Commission may, by order―
( a ) transfer to the company the functions of the Commission under section 5 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1926, or
( b ) assign to the company functions of the Commission under section 7 of that Act in so far, in each case, as they relate to apparatus for wireless telegraphy in aircraft.
(2) If an order under subsection (1) is in force, in relation to functions under section 7, those functions continue to be vested in the Commission but concurrently with the company and so as to be capable of being performed, as the Commission may determine, either by the Commission or the company.
(3) The company shall remit to the Commission any fees paid to it under section 5 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1926 , subject to the deduction of amounts determined by the company and the Commission for expenses incurred by the company under that section.
(4) The company shall provide the Commission with information in relation to such matters concerning the performance of functions transferred or assigned to it under this section as the Commission specifies in writing.
(5) In this section, ‘the Commission’ means the Commission for Communications Regulation. ]
Substituted (15.05.2007) by Communications Regulation (Amendment) Act 2007 (22/2007), s. 4(2) and sch. 1 part 9 item 1, S.I. No. 224 of 2007, subject to savings and transitional provisions in s. 4(4) and sch. 3.
Previous affecting provision: functions transferred and references in a transferred function to the Director or the Minister construed (27.04.2002) by Communications Regulation Act 2002 (20/2002), s. 9 and sch. 1, pt. 1, commenced on enactment; s. 9 repealed and s. 70 substituted (15.05.2007) by Communications Regulation (Amendment) Act 2007 (22/2007), s. 4, S.I. No. 224 of 2007.
Previous affecting provision: functions transferred and references to the Minister construed (30.06.1997) by Telecommunications (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1996 (34/1996), s. 4(2) and sch. 2 part 1, S.I. No. 110 of 1997; s. 4 and sch. 2 repealed (1.12.2002) by Communications Regulation Act 2002 (20/2002), s. 38, S.I. No. 510 of 2002.