Roads Act 1993
F91[Ministerial policy directives on road tolling.
66A.—(1) The Minister may, from time to time, issue policy directives to road authorities regarding the exercise of any of their functions under Part V or any matter connected therewith and road authorities shall comply with any such directives.
(2) The Minister may revoke or amend a policy directive issued under this section.
(3) The Minister shall cause a copy of any policy directive issued under this section to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(4) A road authority shall make available for inspection by members of the public any policy directive issued to it under this section.
(5) The Minister shall not issue a directive relating to a particular tolling scheme.]
Inserted (1.01.2001) by Planning and Development Act 2000 (30/2000), s. 277, S.I. No. 449 of 2000.
Modifications (not altering text):
Term “Minister” construed (1.12.2009) by Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008 (15/2008), s. 74(7), S.I. No. 458 of 2009.
Relationship between Authority and NRA.
(7) A reference in section 65 and section 66A (inserted by section 277 of the Act of 2000) of the Act of 1993 to the Minister, where it relates to a toll scheme wholly or partly in the GDA, is to be read as a reference to the Authority.