Regional Technical Colleges Act 1992
F68[Review of matter and report by governing body of college.
21G.—(1) If a governing body has concerns regarding a matter relating to the governance, or the performance of the functions of the college, the governing body shall arrange for a review of the matter to be undertaken.
(2) A governing body may appoint such person as it considers appropriate (in this section referred to as a "reviewer") to carry out a review of the matter concerned.
(3) A reviewer may request such information and assistance as he or she may require for the purposes of the review from the governing body, the Director and the members of the staff of the college and the governing body, the Director and the members of the staff of the college shall comply with any such request.
(4) A reviewer shall review the matter concerned and shall prepare a report of the outcome of the review and any recommendation made arising therefrom and shall provide a copy of the report to the governing body and the Director.
(5) A governing body shall, if recommended to do so by the report prepared by a reviewer, take such measures as it considers appropriate with regard to the matter concerned.
(6) A governing body shall retain a copy of a report of the outcome of any review undertaken under subsection (1) and shall provide a report to An tÚdarás annually or, more frequently, if so requested by An tÚdarás on the outcome of any review undertaken by the governing body under that subsection, including any measures taken under subsection (5).]
Inserted (10.11.2022) by Higher Education Authority Act 2022 (31/2022), s. 114, S.I. No. 554 of 2022.
The section heading is taken from the amending section in the absence of one included in the amendment.