Industrial Development Act 1986
Grants to secure reduction of factory rents.
[1966, s. 9; 1969, s. 46]
32.— (1) Where, in the opinion of the Authority, a factory building is, or is intended to be, used for the purpose of or in connection with the carrying on of an industrial undertaking which conforms to the criteria set out in subsections (3) and (4) of section 21 and is held under a lease or other letting subject to a rent or other payment, the Authority may make grants, upon such terms and subject to such conditions as it thinks proper to impose, to the person entitled to the rent or other payment to enable him to reduce such rent or payment.
(2) The Authority may, in lieu of making a grant to a person under subsection (1), make the grant on such terms and conditions as it thinks proper to the industrial undertaking (or intended undertaking) concerned.
(3) The amount of a grant under this section shall not exceed the amount of the grant which may be made in respect of a factory building under section 21 .
(4) Where a grant under this section is payable by instalments over a period of years, the amount of grant shall be taken to be the capital value of such instalments as determined by the Authority.
Modifications (not altering text):
Functions under section transferred (1.08.2014) by Industrial Development (Forfás Dissolution) Act 2014 (13/2014), s. 18 and sch., commenced as per subs. (8) and S.I. No. 341 of 2014.
Transfer of functions to Enterprise Ireland and IDA
18. (1) The functions specified in the Schedule are transferred to Enterprise Ireland and IDA.
(2) The functions transferred under subsection (1) may be performed—
(a) by either Enterprise Ireland or IDA, or
(b) jointly by both Enterprise Ireland and IDA.
(3) The functions specified in paragraph (c) of subsection (1) of section 8 of the Act of 1987 are transferred to IDA.
(4) A function transferred under subsection (1) shall be performed by Enterprise Ireland or IDA, or both, as the case may be, in accordance with such directions (if any) as may be issued by the Minister from time to time.
(5) A function transferred under subsection (3) shall be performed by IDA in accordance with such directions (if any) as may be issued by the Minister from time to time.
(6) Any assignment of powers and functions under section 9 of the Act of 1993 to Enterprise Ireland or IDA in force immediately before the coming into operation of this section shall cease to have effect on that coming into operation.
(7) Subsection (3) of section 3 of the Act of 1995 is repealed. (8) This section shall come into operation on the dissolution day.
(8) This section shall come into operation on the dissolution day.
Functions Transferred to Enterprise Ireland and IDA
Functions referred to in: ...
2. Subsections (3), (5) and (7) of section 5, paragraphs (a), (c) to (h) and (j) of subsection (1) of section 11, sections 16, 18 to 32 , 36 and 37 of the Industrial Development Act 1986.