Transport (Tour Operators and Travel Agents) Act 1982
9. — (1) Whenever the Minister proposes to revoke, other than pursuant to section 10 of this Act, or to vary the terms and conditions of, a licence granted under this Act, he shall notify the holder of the licence of his proposal and of the reasons for such proposal and shall, if any representations are made in writing by such holder within seven days, consider the representations.
(2) Whenever the Minister refuses to grant a licence or decides, having considered any representations that may have been made by the holder of a licence, to revoke the licence or to vary any term or condition of the licence, he shall notify the applicant for, or as the case may be, the holder of, the licence of the refusal or decision and such applicant or such holder may within seven days appeal to the High Court against such refusal or such decision.
(3) On the hearing of an appeal under this section in relation to a refusal to grant a licence under this Act or in relation to a decision of the Minister to revoke, or vary the terms and conditions of, a licence granted under this Act, the High Court may either confirm the refusal or decision or may allow the appeal and, where an appeal is allowed, the Minister shall grant the licence or shall not revoke, or vary the terms and conditions of the licence as the case may be.
(4) A decision of the High Court on an appeal under this section shall be final save that, by leave of that Court, an appeal from the decision shall lie to the Supreme Court on a specified question of law.
(5) An appeal shall not lie in any case where the Minister refuses to grant a licence to an applicant who does not comply with the provisions of section 13 of this Act or in any case where the Minister revokes a licence pursuant to section 10 of this Act.
(6) Where, after the commencement of Part III of this Act, a person appeals against a decision of the Minister to revoke or vary any term or condition of a licence or appeals against a refusal of the Minister to grant a licence, such person shall not, pending the determination of the appeal, carry on business as a tour operator or travel agent unless he complies with the provisions of section 13 of this Act.