Unfair Dismissals Act 1977
Amendment of Act by order of Minister.
16.— (1) The Minister may by order amend section 2 (1) of this Act so as to extend the application of the Act to any class of employee specified in that section or part (defined in such manner and by reference to such matters as the Minister considers appropriate) of any such class.
(2) The Minister may by order amend paragraph ( c) of section 7 (1) of this Act so as to vary the maximum amount of compensation referred to in the said paragraph ( c).
( a) the application of this Act in relation to dismissals where the employment was under a contract of employment for a fixed term or a specified purpose,
( b) the periods of 1 year specified in the said section 3, or
( c) the periods of 6 months and 1 month specified in the said section 4 or either of them.
(4) The Minister may, by order, made with the consent of the Minister for Health, amend subsection (2) of section 3 of this Act so as to extend the application of the subsection to other employments connected with medicine or health.
(5) The Minister may by order amend any provision of this Act so as to comply with any international obligations in relation to dismissals that the State has decided to assume.
(6) An order under this section may contain such supplementary and ancillary provisions as the Minister considers necessary or expedient.
(7) The Minister may by order revoke or amend an order under this section including an order under this subsection.
(8) Where an order is proposed to be made under this section, a draft thereof shall be laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas and the order shall not be made until a resolution approving of the draft has been passed by each such House.