National College of Art and Design Act 1971
Superannuation of officers and servants of An Bord.
20.—(1) As soon as may conveniently be after the establishment day An Bord shall prepare and submit to the Minister a contributory scheme or contributory schemes for the granting of pensions, gratuities and other allowances on retirement to or in respect of its wholetime officers and servants.
(2) Every such scheme shall fix the time and conditions of retirement for all persons to or in respect of whom pensions, gratuities or allowances on retirement are payable under the scheme, and different times and conditions may be fixed in respect of different classes of persons.
(3) An Bord may at any time prepare and submit to the Minister a scheme amending a scheme previously submitted and approved under this section.
(4) A scheme submitted to the Minister under this section shall, if approved of by the Minister with the concurrence of the Minister for Finance, be carried out by An Bord in accordance with its terms.
(5) If any dispute arises as to the claim of any person to, or the amount of, any pension, gratuity or allowance payable in pursuance of a scheme under this section, such dispute shall be submitted to the Minister, who shall refer it to the Minister for Finance, whose decision shall be final.
(6) Every scheme submitted and approved of under this section shall be laid before each House of the Oireachtas as soon as may be after it is approved of and if either House, within the next twenty-one days on which that House has sat after the scheme is laid before it, passes a resolution annulling the scheme, the scheme shall be annulled accordingly, but without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done thereunder.