Road Traffic Act 1961
F206 [ Control of access to and egress from construction sites by vehicles.
101C. — (1) A road authority may, after consultation with the Commissioner, make bye-laws providing for the regulation and control of access to and egress from construction sites generally or a specified class of construction site or a specified construction site by vehicles or a specified class of vehicle.
(2) Bye-laws under this section may, in particular but without prejudice to the generality of subsection (1) of this section —
( a ) specify the times and days during which such access and egress as aforesaid is permitted,
( b ) specify the number of vehicles permitted to have such access and egress during specified periods, and
( c ) require vehicles or a specified class of vehicle to be cleaned before leaving a construction site or a specified class of construction site or a specified construction site.
(3) A person who contravenes a bye-law under this section shall be guilty of an offence.
(4) This section shall not apply to construction sites for the purpose of the widening of or other alteration to, or the carrying out of repairs, maintenance or other works to, above or under, a public road or the construction of a public road.
(5) Sections 219 and 221 to 223 of the Public Health (Ireland) Act, 1878, shall apply to bye-laws under this section as they apply to bye-laws under that Act.
(6) Any bye-laws under section 41 of the Dublin Transport Authority Act, 1986 , and in force immediately before the commencement of the Dublin Transport Authority (Dissolution) Act, 1987, shall continue in force after such commencement, and may be amended or revoked, as if they had been made under this section. ]
Inserted (1.01.1988) by Dublin Transport Authority (Dissolution) Act 1987 (34/1987), s. 9, commenced as per s. 15(5).