Greyhound Industry Act 1958
The Irish Coursing Club.
26. — (1) The constitution of the Club shall be that set forth in the Schedule to this Act, subject to any alterations which, with the prior written consent of the Board, may from time to time be duly made therein.
(2) The Club is hereby recognised as being, subject to the provisions of this Act and of the constitution of the Club and subject to the general control and direction of the Board, the controlling authority for the breeding and coursing of greyhounds.
(3) The Board may advise and assist the Club in connection with any activities or measures conducive to the better implementation by the Club of its constitution and rules, to the better discharge by the Club of its functions or to the improvement and development of the greyhound industry.
(4) It shall be the duty of the Club to keep such books, accounts and records as may be approved of by the Board and to furnish to the Board such information in relation to the Club's activities as the Board may require.
(5) Rules made by the Club shall require the consent of the Board.
(6) During the period of three years beginning on the commencement of this section, appointments of members of the Executive Committee of the Club shall be carried out subject to the supervision of the Board.
(7) This section shall come into operation on such day after the establishment day as the Minister appoints by order.
Power pursuant to section exercised (1.01.1959) by Greyhound Industry Act 1958 (Commencement of Section 26) Order 1958 (S.I. No. 259 of 1958).
2. The 1st day of January, 1959, is hereby appointed as the day on which section 26 of the Greyhound Industry Act, 1958, shall come into operation.