Greyhound Industry Act 1958
Meetings and procedure of the Board.
10. — (1) The Board shall hold such and so many meetings as may be necessary for the due fulfilment of its functions and the first meeting shall be held on, or as soon as conveniently may be after, the establishment day.
F7[(2) The quorum for a meeting of the Board is 6.]
(3) At a meeting of the Board—
(a) the chairman of the Board shall, if present, be chairman of the meeting,
(b) if and so long as the chairman of the Board is not present or if the office of chairman is vacant, the members of the Board who are present shall choose one of their number to be chairman of the meeting.
(4) Every question at a meeting of the Board shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting on the question, and, in case of an equal division of votes, the chairman of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(5) The Board may act notwithstanding one or more than one vacancy among its members.
(6) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board shall regulate, by standing orders or otherwise, the procedure and business of the Board.
Substituted (1.03.2022) by Greyhound Racing Act 2019 (15/2019), s. 10, S.I. No. 80 of 2022.