Central Bank Act 1942
F99[Staff of Bank.
6D.—(1) Subject to this section, the Commission shall appoint a Secretary of the Bank and such other employees of the Bank as they consider necessary for the effective performance and exercise of the functions and powers of the Bank.
(2) The Commission is responsible for administering the staff of the Bank with a view to enabling the Bank to perform and exercise its functions and powers.
(3) Except as regards the appointment of a Secretary of the Bank, the Governor has the same power to appoint employees of the Bank as the Commission has under subsection (1), but that power is only exercisable in relation to responsibilities specified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of subsection (1), and subsection (2), of section 19A.
(4) Employees appointed under subsection (3) are taken, for the purposes of this Act, to have been appointed under subsection (1).
(5) The employees of the Bank are to be employed on such conditions (including conditions as to remuneration and allowances) as the Commission fixes from time to time.
(6) Subject to subsection (8), an appointment under this section shall be made by competition to be conducted in accordance with rules made by the Commission.
(7) The Commission may, in relation to a particular competition, impose conditions of entry, limitations and safeguards.
(8) Subsection (6) does not apply to an appointment to a position if the Commission decides that appointment to the position by competition would be inappropriate.
(9) The Commission shall establish and operate a policy under which provision is made for employees of the Bank to be given opportunities for training and experience in various activities of the Bank.]
Substituted (1.10.2010) by Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (23/2010), s. 14(1) and sch. 1, part 1, item 26, S.I. No. 469 of 2010.
Previous affecting provision: section inserted (1.05.2003) by Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland Act 2003 (12/2003), s. 7, S.I. No. 160 of 2003; substituted as per F-note above.