Credit Institutions (Stabilisation) Act 2010
Functions of special managers.
20.— (1) The special manager of a relevant institution shall take over the management of the business of the relevant institution and shall carry on that business as a going concern with a view to preserving and restoring the financial position of the relevant institution, or the whole or any part of its business, in a manner consistent with the achievement of the purposes of this Act.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1) , the special manager of a relevant institution has the power to acquire and dispose of any asset or all the assets, and any liability, of that institution.
(3) A reference in subsection (2) to disposing of an asset or a liability includes selling or otherwise transferring, and creating a security or equitable interest in, the asset or liability.
(4) The special manager of a relevant institution has, in relation to the relevant institution, all powers necessary for or incidental to the special manager’s functions, including the sole authority over and direction of all officers and employees of the relevant institution.
(5) The special manager of a relevant institution shall take such steps as he or she determines to be appropriate to remedy the matters that led to the making of a special management order in relation to the relevant institution, and for that purpose may, unless the special management order provides otherwise, appoint advisors to the relevant institution.
(6) A special manager may, with the consent of the Minister and the Governor, substitute his or her own decision for any decision that would otherwise be made by the shareholders, and if he or she does so, the decision shall be taken to be the decision of the shareholders.
(7) The appointment of a special manager of a relevant institution does not relieve the relevant institution of any obligation to comply with any applicable laws and regulatory requirements and with any directions given by the Bank or the Minister to the relevant institution under any enactment.
(8) The special manager of a relevant institution shall provide such reports and other information to the Bank and the Minister as the Bank or the Minister requests, notwithstanding any other enactment or any rule of law, code of practice, agreement, duty or obligation to any person. The obligation under this subsection is in addition to the obligations of the relevant institution to provide information and make returns to the Bank or the Minister.