Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicles Act 2015
Instrument of incorporation
6. (1) Any 2 or more persons, associated for any lawful purpose, may prepare or cause to be prepared an instrument to be known as an instrument of incorporation in respect of a proposed ICAV.
(2) Following the instrument’s preparation, the persons referred to in subsection (1) shall subscribe their names to the instrument of incorporation.
(3) The instrument of incorporation shall provide that—
(a) the sole object of the ICAV is the collective investment of its funds in property and giving members the benefit of the results of the management of its funds,
(b) the actual value of the paid-up share capital of the ICAV shall be at all times equal to the value of the assets of the ICAV after deduction of its liabilities,
(c) the shares of the ICAV shall, at the request of any of the shareholders, be purchased by the ICAV directly or indirectly out of the ICAV assets unless and to the extent as may be approved by the Bank and subject to such requirements as may be imposed by the Bank under this Act or any other enactment,
(d) the share capital of the ICAV shall be equal to the value for the time being of the issued share capital of the ICAV, and
(e) share capital is to be divided into a specified number of shares without assigning any nominal value to them.
(4) The Bank may specify additional matters that are to be provided for in the instrument of incorporation.
(5) In the case of a failure to comply with subsection (3) the persons who subscribed their names to the instrument of incorporation each commit a category 2 offence.