Health Act 2007
Committees of Board.
19.— (1) The Board may—
( a) establish committees to provide assistance and advice to the Board in relation to the performance of its functions, and
( b) determine the membership and terms of reference of each committee.
(2) The Board may appoint persons to a committee who are not members of the Board but have special knowledge and experience related to the purpose of the committee.
(3) The appointment of a person to a committee is subject to the terms and conditions as may be determined—
( a) under section 20 , to the extent that the terms and conditions relate to remuneration and allowances for expenses, and
( b) by the Board in any other case.
(4) The Board shall specify in writing the purpose and terms of reference of each committee.
(5) The acts of a committee are subject to confirmation by the Board, unless the Board dispenses with the necessity for confirmation.
(6) The Board may regulate the procedure of a committee but, subject to any such regulation, a committee may regulate its own procedure.
(7) The Board may at any time dissolve a committee established under this section.