Health Act 2007
Meetings and procedures of Board.
18.— (1) The Minister, in consultation with the chairperson of the Board, shall fix the date of the first meeting of the Board first constituted pursuant to section 13 and shall specify the time and place at which the meeting shall take place.
(2) The Board shall hold such meetings as are necessary for the performance of its functions but in each year shall meet at least once every 2 months.
(3) At a meeting of the Board—
( a) the chairperson of the Board, if present, shall be the chairperson of the meeting, or
( b) if and so long as the chairperson of the Board is not present, or if that office is vacant, the members of the Board who are present shall choose one of their number to be chairperson of the meeting.
(4) Every question at a meeting shall be determined by a majority of the votes of the members of the Board present and voting on the question and, in the case of an equal division of votes, the chairperson of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(5) Subject to subsection (8), the Board may act notwithstanding one or more vacancies among its members.
(6) Subject to this Act, the Board shall regulate, by standing orders, the procedures and business of the Board.
(7) Notwithstanding subsection (6), non-compliance with the standing orders of the Board does not invalidate any decision of the Board.
(8) The quorum for a meeting of the Board is 5 unless the Minister otherwise directs.
(9) The chairperson may call a meeting of the Board at any reasonable time.
(10) If the chairperson refuses to call a meeting of the Board, after a requisition for that purpose, signed by not less than 3 members of the Board has been presented to the chairperson, any 3 members of the Board may call a meeting of the Board.
(11) If the chairperson, without refusing to do so, does not, within 7 days after the presentation of a requisition for that purpose signed by not less than 3 members of the Board, call a meeting of the Board, any 3 members of the Board may call a meeting of the Board.