National Shared Services Office Act 2017
Functions of chief executive
16. (1) The chief executive shall be the accounting officer, for the purposes of the Comptroller and Auditor General Acts 1866 to 1998, in relation to the appropriation accounts of the Office.
(2) The chief executive shall be the principal officer and Head of the Office for the purposes of the Public Service Management Act 1997.
(3) The Office shall act through, and its functions shall be performed in the name of the Office by, the chief executive or another officer of the Office duly authorised in that behalf by the chief executive.
(4) The chief executive shall—
(a) carry out and manage and control generally the administration and business of the Office,
(b) provide the Board with such information (including financial information) relating to the functions of the chief executive and the implementation of the policies of the Office as the Board may require, and
(c) supply the Minister with such information relating to the performance of the functions of the chief executive and the implementation of the Minister’s policies and priorities as the Minister may require.
(5) The functions of the chief executive may be performed, during his or her absence, by a member of the staff of the Office as may from time to time be designated for that purpose by the chief executive or, when the post is vacant, by the Minister.