Irish Collective Asset-Management Vehicles Act 2015
57. (1) An ICAV shall have a secretary or joint secretaries, who may be one of the directors.
(2) Anything required or authorised to be done by or to the secretary may, if the office is vacant or there is for any other reason no secretary capable of acting, be done by or to any assistant or deputy secretary or, if there is no assistant or deputy secretary capable of acting, by or to any officer of the ICAV authorised generally or specially in that behalf by the directors.
(3) Subject to section 11(6) , the secretary shall be appointed by the directors of the company for such term, at such remuneration and on such conditions as they may think fit; and any secretary so appointed may be removed by them.
(4) The directors of a company shall have a duty to ensure that the person appointed as secretary has the skills necessary to discharge his or her statutory and other legal duties and such other duties as may be delegated to the secretary by the directors.
(5) The cases to which subsection (4) applies includes the case of an appointment of one of the directors of the company as secretary.
(6) In subsections (2) to (5) references to a secretary include references to joint secretaries.